Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
June 13, 2012
I like asparagus and I haven't eaten chicken in a well. Naturally I thought to combine the two ingredients.
- vegetable oil
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- salt, pepper, spices (paprika, oregano, cumin, parsley)
- 1/2 an onion
- 3 stalks of green onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 stalks of asparagus
- 1 lb of chicken breast
- Slice the chicken breast into strips. It may be easier to split the breast horizontally in half first (butterfly).
- Mix 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 table spoons of sesame oil, however much salt, pepper and spices that you want, and some water. Marinade the chicken strips for at least 15 minutes. Be generous with the pepper and spices.
- Dice the onion, green onion, and garlic.
- Chop the asparagus into small strips, season with salt and pepper. Be generous with the pepper.
- Heat up your wok or frying pan with high heat, when smoke rises, add in some vegetable oil and start frying. Stir fry the chicken and the asparagus separately. Asparagus should take about 7 - 10 minutes, and the chicken should take about 10 minutes.
- Combine the two dishes into the same plate and enjoy!